Species at Risk
Forest and Habitat Management
Trails and Trail Planning
|PROJECTS - Trails and Trail Planning
examples are some of the recent projects that Glenside has
Trail Mapping and Signage Plan
Municipality of Hastings Highlands
- Accurately geo-referenced four trail networks;
- Developed user friendly trail maps in pdf format to be available via the internet;
- Assessed signage needs and developed a signage template to promote a uniform theme, and user familiarity from trail to trail;
- Developed a signage plan for each of the trail systems through the application of the signage template
- Designed a trail network on Crown Land and in close proximity to the Town of Maynooth using GIS, base map spatial data and aerial photography;
- Ground verified the newly developed trail system and marked the trail with flagging tape for future reference and development;
- Assisted the Municipality of Hastings Highlands with a Land Use Permit application.
|Dahl Forest Signage Plan
|Haliburton Highlands Land Trust
- Accurately geo-referenced the existing trail network;
- Analyzed and provided recommendations to enhance the trail network with the following objectives:
- Access to the various natural attributes of the Dahl Forest;
- Provide options in regard to trail length;
- Protect identified Species at Risk habitat; and
- Mitigate visual impact from habitat restoration activities
- Ground verified the newly developed trail network and marked the trails with flagging tape for future reference and development;
- Developed a user friendly trail map in pdf format that can easily be downloaded from the internet;
- Assessed signage needs and developed a signage template to promote a uniform theme, and user familiarity from trail to trail; and
- Developed a signage plan for the trail system through the application of the signage template.
|Trail Mapping and Map Develepment
City of Kawartha Lakes
- Updated and validated existing trail access points, selected road allowances and trails using GPS with sub-metre accuracy;,
- Generated new shapefile GIS line segments of areas not yet mapped in NAD83 Zone 17 UTM format
- Referenced access point segments so that public safety dispatchers can easily and quickly locate incidents.
- Designed and developed trail maps in pdf format for easy download from the internet
|Planning Information Report: Five year plan for Glebe Park 2010-2015
Municipality of Dysart et al
- Met with Glebe Park Committee to review Terms of Reference and solicit initial input;
- Obtained and reviewed all information and documents pertaining to Glebe Park including previous plans and reports, minutes of meetings, and agreements;
- Interviewed all Committee members regarding their organization’s activities and plans for Glebe Park;
- Consulted with Municipal staff including the Planner, GIS Specialist, Roads Supervisor and the CAO;
- Consolidated, summarized, synthesized, analyzed and prepared a first draft of the report;
- Presented draft of report to committee for comment;
- Reviewed and incorporated comments into final report.
|Roadway Corridor Trail Signage Plan
Haliburton Highlands Trail and Tours Network
- Designed signage that is effective, consistent, identifiable, flexible and attractive and would enhance the profile of HHTTN within the county.
- Identified the county's needs and HHTTN’s readiness with respect to trail directional signage and trail heads on roadways.
- Created guidelines for implementing corridor trail signage that included details such as jurisdictional requirements and responsibilities, signage standards and costs.
- Identified possible sources of funding for the fabrication, installation, maintenance and replacement of signs.